For Time and All Eternity

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 6, 2008

We are going to Guatemala

Jex, Aubrey, Josh, and I are all going to be in Guatemala for Christmas!! We are so excited!! This happened back in July, but thought I would post it since most of you don't know this funny little story! Josh and I moved to Tucson in July because, Josh started medical school at the U of A. Before he had to start classes we wanted to have a get together with some close friends and family at his parents house...
Grandpa Bert & Doris


Jex, Steve, Colter, Dawn, and Josh

Jerm, Bill, and Johnny in the front
Jared and Jim in the back

Steve and Bly (my dad)


Becky Sue, Jared, Jex, Chris, and Aubrey

Grandpa Ben, Ann, Ike and Maxine

Well Jex, Aubrey and I had already planned this trip and I was going to surprise Josh with the news on his birthday; instead I decided it would be better to do it in front of everyone at the party! BUT I knew that wouldn't be enough!You see, my Josh loves to tease me and tickle me and because he is much bigger than me I can't ever get even, but I am always telling him, "Someday I will get you back." This was my chance!

I had my annual Gyno appointment a few days before the party and Josh had kept on asking me if I had gotten more birth control! To his dismay I kept on avoiding the question and never gave him a straight answer! The night of the party rolls around and there are about 30+ people there... PERFECT! I tell everyone one that I have something to give to Josh and gather everyone in the kitchen area!

I was so nervous and didn't know if I could pull it off because I am really bad at this type of stuff, but I said, "Josh has been asking me a question all week long and I haven't given him a real answer. So Josh if after you open this gift I have for you, you still have any questions for me I will answer them."
I handed him a box wrapped in baby wrapping paper with a card on top! I thought Josh was going to pass out or throw up (he looked so pale), but I told him to just open it and read the card first...

He pulls out a card in the shape of a baby outfit! All I wrote inside was, "I hope you are as excited as I am!"


Swaying just a bit, he reluctantly opens the box and kinda just stared at it for awhile!

I asked him, "What is it?"

And with his cute Josh face he asked, "We're going to Guatemala?"


The rest of the story I think you can figure out by the pictures! I whispered in his ear while he was hugging me, "See I told you I would get you back!" "You really did get me."
I am still not sure if those were tears of excitement/joy or tears of relief, but either way seeing how happy he was made it all worth it!

4 comments:

Beckums said...

ah! i miss you guys SO much, but really, that was the best ever!!!Love you guys!!!

kate said...

That was awesome! Glad you got him!! oh, and HOORAY for a blog :)

Krause Crew said...

HOLY CRAP! I think that is the best thing ever. Josh is a joker so this is a perfect pay back. I wish we were there to witness the fun.

Raini said...

Very awesome story and I am happy you get to take him back to his favorite place. Great blog... :)